Visme is a cloud-based, online design tool that lets anyone create animated social media images, infographics, presentations, ads, banners and other visuals.
It comes packed with animation and interactivity features to help you create eye-catching designs that do much more than just static images.
Visme’s animation software lets you access thousands of premade templates, a library of free stock photos and videos, customizable pre-animated characters, illustrations and gestures, and much more.
- Friendly and intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
- Thousands of animated templates in various categories.
- Customizable pre-animated assets: Characters, illustrations and gestures.
- Animation timeline feature to customize scenes and sync audio.
- 14+ different types of animated charts, graphs and maps.
- Advanced custom animation that can be applied to any object.
- Interactive links, call-to-action buttons and hover effects.
- Searchable libraries of free stock photos, videos, icons and shapes.
- Import your own images, videos and fonts.
- Embed videos and other online content into your designs.
- Team collaboration features: Share your projects.
- Brand kit: Save your brand colors, fonts and logos for later use.
- Insightful analytics: Access graphs and statistics for project views.
- Offline animated download formats: GIF, MP4 video and HTML5.
- Publish and share online: Use a link or generate an embed code.
#2: Adobe Animate
Adobe Animate is a new and improved version of Adobe Flash Professional. The software lets you create interactive vector graphics and 2D animations for videos, ads, games, television and more. You can animate characters, avatars, shapes and other assets using timeline controls.
- Vector brushes with size, smoothness, pressure and velocity settings.
- Intuitive timeline controls with advanced animation settings.
- Virtual camera feature that lets you add pan, zoom and other effects.
- Synchronize audio with your animations and create audio loops.
- Typekit integration gives you access to premium web fonts.
- Export in Flash, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, SVG and more.
#3: Adobe Character Animator
Adobe Character Animator is another one of Adobe’s animation software stack. But unlike Adobe Animate, Character Animator lets you use motion capture to create live animations of your 2D characters. For example, you can create a character in Illustrator or Photoshop, import it into Character Animator, set it up with tags and then animate it using your own facial movements using your webcam.
- Real-time motion capture and automatic facial tracking.
- Download characters from Creative Cloud Market.
- Integration with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Move the character’s limbs with your mouse.
- Timeline panel for recording and editing scenes.
Blender is an open-source video editing software that lets you have total control over your animations. The tool offers advanced command line and programming features for rendering, modeling and creating 3D animations. It works across different operating systems, so you can use it on Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Powerful rendering, modeling and sculpting tools.
- Advanced animation and rigging tools.
- Draw and edit in 3D mode.
- Video editing and VFX, including motion tracking, masking and compositing.
- Powerful and realistic simulation tools.
- Extensive Python API for scripting and customization.
- Customizable user interface, window layout and shortcuts.
More than just your basic animation software, VistaCreate features an extensive library of animated templates and thousands of pre-animated objects and characters. The tool lets you create animated ads, square videos and even Facebook covers with no design skills.
You can also combine videos and animated GIFs with your images, such as a moving background, to create short and eye-catching video posts for social media.
- Thousands of animated templates to use and customize.
- Access to over 50 million stock photos.
- Library of videos and animations to use in designs.
- Upload your own fonts, graphics and animations.
- Download in MP4 video format.
- Share your animated video directly to social media.
#6: Adobe Creative Cloud Express
If you’re looking for a very basic animation software to create video posts for social media, Adobe Creative Cloud Express can help you do that right from your phone.
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Express iOS app to create short videos with animated text and photos by choosing a template, and customizing it using one of the few animation styles available. As of now, you can only access the animation feature on mobile, not on the desktop app.
- Access customizable templates in various formats.
- Sync your designs across multiple devices.
- Create animated posts on the go with the iOS app.
- Thousands of free images and icons.
- Download as an MP4 video or share online.
This animation software is straightforward and incredibly easy to use. You don’t even need to sign up to start editing a template. PosterMyWall lets you design promotional posters, graphics and videos using a large library of templates and stock videos.
What makes PosterMyWall stand out among other tools is that it lets you download your designs as high-quality videos, including 4K and Full HD. You can also send them off for printing if you’re living in the US.
- Large collection of animated video templates.
- Thousands of stock videos to use in your designs.
- Bulk printing for your designs on various materials.
- Download your videos in 4K and Full HD quality.
- Save as high-quality MP4 and GIF files.
- Share your designs with a link or embed online.
PixTeller’s animation software is great for both business and personal use. It’s a good alternative for a full-featured video editing tool if you’re looking for something more basic.
You can create short animated videos in PixTeller by setting frame-by-frame motions, and then editing the attributes of each frame, such as colors, rotation, opacity and more.
- Hundreds of pre-animated templates to customize.
- Customize a frame by frame timeline.
- Unique text effects to make your animations pop.
- 100,000+ shapes to add to your animated videos.
- Share the URL of your video to specific people.
- Download in MP4 video and GIF formats.
#9: Animatron Studio
This a great option if you’re looking for a feature-rich animation software. Animatron Studio offers a huge gallery of pre-animated elements and templates to help you create explainer videos, HTML5 banners, ads and more.
The customizability options are near endless—you can even customize the expressions of the characters. If you’re looking for a less robust version, you can also check out Animatron Lite.
- Thousands of pre-animated objects, characters and more.
- Extensive customizability options.
- Import, place and edit your own graphics.
- Built-in voiceover features to add narration.
- Real-time collaboration and comments.
- Export to HTML5, MP4, SVG and GIF formats.
- Share online with a link or use an embed code.
If you want to create bite-sized, animated videos like promos, ads and social media videos, Biteable is a good option. It lets you share and download animated videos by editing one of their premade templates.
You can also look through thousands of stock footage clips and scenes to put together an entirely customized video. Biteable also lets you share your project with teammates with its collaboration features.
- Browse hundreds of professional video templates.
- Access thousands of stock footage clips and animations.
- Add audio tracks using a huge library or upload your own.
- Share your video project with other team members.
- Publish your video on Biteable with privacy controls.
- Download your designs in Full HD MP4 video format.
- Share directly to social media, or use a link or embed code.
Source : https://visme.co/blog/animation-software/https://visme.co/blog/animation-software/