Best Screen Capture Software Tools that would enable you to make your workday much more productive:
A few years ago, screenshots were not that much popular. It was only used to share the error message on the screen.
But, nowadays screenshots are routinely and widely used in our day-to-day life. E.g Taking a snapshot of a funny message or post on social media. Students also take a snapshot of an article for educational purposes.
Snapshot or Screenshot is necessary to prove that you are seeing something weird on the screen. Mockup screen designs are also shared with the clients as a screenshot.
A print screen button is available in all the systems to capture the image or screen but it has certain limitations in it. It is a tedious job to add text, arrows, and highlighters on the captured image using the print-screen option.
Best Screen Capture Software Tool
Given below is a list of the most popular screenshot tools.
Snagit is a product of TechSmith Software Company. A user can add comments on the captured screenshot using arrows, shapes, etc. It has built-in advanced image edition options and screen recording facility.
- It has a preview window which shows the zoomed image of the area on which the cursor is hovering,
- Images are editable in terms of size, special effects, etc.
- A quick toolbar speeds-up the screen capture process.
- Snagit supports Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Snagit is available in various languages like English, Japanese, Korean and German.
- It is also used to record a video of the screen and easily share it across the web or email.
- It takes a full-page, scrolling screenshot and captures vertical & horizontal scrolls.
DemoCreator is the best screen recording and video editing software. DemoCreator allows you to record screen, audio and webcam, making it easy for users to capture tutorials, presentations, video demos, webinars, Skype call, games, etc.
DemoCreator also has a full set of video editing functions for users to make basic editing, add advanced effects, export and share videos with ease.
- DemoCreator allows you to customize recording area on your screen, record system sound, microphone, and webcam at the same time with picture-in-picture mode.
- It provides real-time screen drawing tools with text, pen, rectangle, circle, arrow, and mouse spotlight feature when recording.
- It also has built-in video editing tools for users to edit the system sound, microphone audio and video in different tracks. Crop, cut, split and add voiceover while editing.
- It embeds advanced video effects like annotations, text animation template, cursor effects, zoom and pan effect, dynamic stickers, green screen effects, transitions effects and much more. Help you express your content more effective and attractive.
- DemoCreator supports users to input their own videos, audios or photos to edit, export with different formats and share to YouTube directly.
3) FonePaw Screen Recorder
FonePaw Screen Recorder is a tool for capturing gameplay and recording live streams & online classes. It will help you with a business presentation. There are no limitations on the time length to record and save that recording.
It supports multiple output formats. It has functionality for adding text and marks during recording. It supports Windows and Mac platforms.
- FonePaw has features for audio recording, annotation, and taking screenshots.
- It can record video from a webcam.
- It will let you capture a specific region with/without audio.
- You can set the output quality of the videos and audios quality as high, medium, or low.
- It offers many more features like tracking mouse movements & clicks, hotkeys, one-click preview, etc.
4) PassFab Screen Recorder
PassFab Screen Recorder is a professional, easy-to-use software that lets users record screens, games, webcam, along with sound with just one click. It helps users with a wide range of cases such as capturing online videos, seminars, music, YouTube videos, webinars, and virtually anything running on their desktop.
It has added functionality of drawing and marks during recording that makes it an ideal choice for businesses who need to record long presentations in high quality. When it comes to the best screencasting software, no tool is as effective as PassFab for Screen Recorder.
- Users can record the desktop screen with voice-over, record from webcam, or both using its picture-in-picture mode.
- It lets you edit the output video.
- Users can record the whole screen or a specified area.
- It also lets users initiate scheduled recording.
- Its real-time drawing feature allows you to draw, mark, add text while recording..
- Easily swap webcam and screen positions.
- Empowers users to use shortcut keys to expedite the common tasks.
- Save the recorded video in multiple formats.
VideoProc is a one-stop video editing software. It has a powerful screen recorder component. The tool will be useful to gamers, sport-lovers, educators, and live enthusiasts.
It will help you to record gameplay, presentations, webinars, Skype call, and streaming video. It is also useful to create vlogging, screencasts, podcasts, software reviews, and video instructions. The tool will make it easier to interact with your audience and teammates.
- VideoProc has three recording modes, record desktop or iOS screen with voiceover, recording from the webcam, or recording both at the same time in picture-in-picture mode.
- It enables you to apply Green screen/Chroma key effect to remove webcam background, adding more fun & creativity to your recording.
- It will allow you to crop for selecting an area you want to take a screenshot, in window or full-screen.
- It provides utility tools to draw, highlight any content, type, add text, voiceover, images, arrows, outlines, etc.
- Being an all-purposed video processing software, it also allows you to download, convert and edit videos.
Camtasia is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. It supports Windows and Mac OS.
Recording and creating professional-looking videos will be easier with Camtasia. Camtasia will help you with various use cases like video tutorials, meeting recordings, webinar recordings, training videos, instructional videos, etc.
It will allow to record and edit your audio clips so that you will have perfect audio for your video.
- Camtasia will allow you to record audio and video from your desktop.
- It has drag-and-drop functionality to add effects.
- It provides a library of royalty-free music and sound effects.
- It will let you add title, annotations, effects, etc.
- It has features for adding zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to the screen recordings.
- You can import PowerPoint slides directly into Camtasia.
Verdict: Camtasia will help you to improve the flow of the video through transitions and slides. It can be a perfect solution for businesses, educators, and entrepreneurs.
7) Aiseesoft Screen Recorder
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is a tool for Windows and Mac platforms that can capture online videos, record games, lecture, music, screencast webcam videos, take snapshots, etc. It provides ease of use through shortcuts, one-click recording, setting hotkeys to start/stop recording, etc.
- Aiseesoft Screen Recorder makes use of “Blue-light” real-time HD video encoding technology to provide good image and sound quality.
- It has a lock window capture feature that will help you to record activity on a certain window.
- It can save the captured video in MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, GIF, TS, etc. formats.
- It has the feature of recording only internal audio of the computer to help you record music, radio, audio, etc. It also has the functionality to record using a microphone voice.
- Captured snapshots can be saved in various formats such as PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, etc.
8) Screen Recorder
CyberLink Screen Recorder 4 is a desktop capture and video streaming platform for Windows platforms. It can be used for game streaming, screen recording, and video editing.
It contains the features of PowerDirector and makes it easy to edit the videos. It is an all-in-one solution for gamers, streamers, YouTubers, vloggers, work & business to record, stream, vlog, and share screens.
- CyberLink Screen Recorder allows you to use custom streaming servers.
- It supports multistreaming for up to five services.
- Integrating Webcam into Livestreams.
- Facility to record with Chroma Key.
- Adding overlay objects to recordings to brand your videos, promoting a sponsor, etc.
- Easy to record and edit.
9) Snipping Tool
Snipping tool is a program which is part of Windows Vista and above versions. Snipping Tool allows you to take a screenshot of your screen. It can be delayed for a few seconds while capturing the screen in case of hover. It allows the user to capture the whole screen or user-specified area in a rectangular form.
Snipping tool allows the user to add notes to the screenshot.
- Snipping Tool is a default tool on Windows PC.
- It is a free and easy to use tool which comes with the Windows Operating System.
- A user can edit these snapshots using a colored pen, highlighter, etc.
- Snipping Tool allows a user to write on the screen capture, save it and share further.
- Captured images can be stored in PNG, GIF, and JPEG format.
- After capturing the screen, it automatically gets copied and it can be further pastes as required.
- It has 4 types of modes to capture the screen – Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
10) FastStone Capture
FastStone Capture is a screen capture tool, which easily captures the entire screen in various forms such as rectangular, fixed region defined by the user, etc. The captured images can be sent to printer, clipboard, and email. The captured images can be uploaded to social media sites or any other website.
- For lifetime licenses, the cost is only $19.95.
- It is a quick, lightweight, powerful and extremely responsive tool.
- FastStone Capture allows for Resizing, cropping, sharpening and watermarking the captured images.
- It captures multiple windows, multi-level menus, etc.
- It saves captured snapshots in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF formats.
- It can be run from removable drive such as iPod, USB Flash drive, etc.
- It has a built-in screen recorder which saves video files in .WMV format.
- It has built-in color picker for color sampling.
- Screen capture tool can be instantly activated using global hotkeys.
- FastStone Capture allows the user to join or combine images to convert into a single image file.